Social Media Marketing Manager
- DEZI, a startup in fashion and skincare, believes in creating prestige products at affordable prices. All designs and formulas are completely custom with the highest quality standards
- Two growing companies under one brand umbrella
- Social-first, direct to consumer startups in the fashion and beauty industries
- Fast paced with a family-based, get-things-done culture (we love problem solving)
This Social Media Marketing Manager role will implement DEZI’s social media marketing strategy, develop brand awareness, and grow and manage DEZI’s community (across both brands). The role will work with management and product teams for executing social media and other online efforts in an integrated way to help expand awareness and sales of our Sunglasses and Skincare line
- Own overall strategy for existing and emerging social platforms
- Manage and maintain social media marketing strategic calendars and day-to-day activities
- Brainstorm and write copy for posts and captions across all channels
- Utilize platform analytics, audience sentiment, and overall social media trends to guide content strategy
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across all social platforms, working directly with the rest of the DEZI team on 360 digital marketing strategies
- Lead Community building efforts to identify content and engagement opportunities
- Create platform specific strategies based on brand campaigns, new product launches, and initiatives
- Create creative briefs to pitch content creation that will advance brand building efforts across social media channels (Example: Storyboard TikTok video ideas. Bonus: filming and execution of videos as well)
- Monitor social media metrics and analytics, providing actionable insights to continuously optimize performance
- Establish and evolve new and existing processes and procedures
- Monitor competitive social landscape and emerging tools/trends as it relates to brand and channels
Develop new partnerships for brand and organize campaigns with aligned brands and influencers to assist with audience expansion
- The most important qualification is CREATIVITY!!! Being able to pitch ideas and then execute them is crucial to this job. We want you to be a creative DO-er!
- 2-5 years in content marketing, social media, public relations, journalism, corporate communications or related.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of content marketing and social media platforms and their respective participants.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of content management and social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.), and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video form.
- Has relevant industry experience, technical knowledge, and demonstration of successful management of campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Creative brainstorming ability.
- Experience driving audience expansion and diversity efforts on organic social media
- Understands how to adjust strategy to meet core KPIs
- Exposure with tools to track analytics (ex Google Analytics) and social listening tools
- Previous experience overseeing and mentoring junior team members
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), DEZI is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants .
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact DEZI at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, DEZI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. DEZI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.